Thursday, August 7, 2008

What is it doing?

I was thinking and I read a post on another blog that made me decide to post about this serious problem in our world. No, its not about "green is the new black" or "clean up the earth" or anything like that. No, its about some things you see every day that are seriously having a great effect on human beings!

My first "rant" is about Coke, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, all that great stuff.
Well, maybe not as great as you thought. I read about a girl (I don't know this girl) who was watching her dad clean the engine of her car or something, and he went and got a coke and DUMPED, that's right, DUMPED the coke on the engine. Right away, it started eating away at the rusty old engine. She was in shock. She ran and told her mom what happened and her mom commented on how they sometimes use coke products to clean blood off the roads after accidents.

Another thing I felt the need to mention, I heard about a Science Fair project on caffine and what it does to your teeth. So, this person took some teeth and put one in each cup. After that, this person poured Dr. Pepper in a cup, coke in a cup, orange juice in a cup, and water in a cup, each seperately. Then this person left the cups and teeth alone for about 1-2 weeks. Then at the end of the time period, they took the teeth and saw a clear change in the teeth. The two teeth that were in the dr. pepper and coke almost had nothing left to them. (Talk about tooth decay!) and the one in the O.J. was a little discolored but had no decay to it. The one in the water was just as they had put it in.

Next time you are going to open a can of that 'wonderful' stuff, think about these stories and think about what its doing to you. If it can eat away at car engines, teeth, and roads, just imagine what it can do to your insides.

Does this have any effect on you?


The next rant I'm going to post about is smoking. Every time I go to a gas station, I see all the cigarettes for sale and I think, "Why? Why do people buy this crap!?" and I makes me wonder if these people even know what its doing to them. I just want to point out to you that it is DESTROYING your body. Sure, at school you hear "don't smoke" and you see those commercials about the vultures that sell "smokes" to people and then they eat them and a sign comes on that says "smoking. its a dangerous road." and you think nothing of it. But really, smoking gives you lung cancer, emphasema (or how you spell it) you name it. Why do they do it? Why?
yeah. so think about it.
*haylee*

13 comments:

Ali said...

Yeah, I read that post too. It was on a blog titled "Trees Are For Hugging" right? Well yeah, it is kind of freaking me out. To know that Coke has that effect on a car battery? I am drinking this stuff kind of a lot. Do you?

Anonymous said...

haha guys EVERYONE drinks that stuff!! my mom drinks it like everyday and she has perfect teeth, never had braces perfectly white, so imma keep drikin it until somethin happens

-sadie

Anonymous said...

i know. i'm just trying to make a point. seriously tho its not all about your teeth but about your stomach too. and your guts. bwahahah i'm just trying to make a point, not saying that you can't drink it but just that you should think about it.

its also like really high in sugar and caffiene makes you dehydrated. so yeah not so good for your health

*haylee*

Hailey said...

Ya, that is gross. I'll admit I'm not gonna stop drinking that stuff completely tho. (Come on, what's life without a little caffine?) And Dr. Pepper is SOOO my weakness. Oh, and I would like to say something about your whole smoking thing. ok, so if you think about it right now, is smoking cool anymore? Like REALLY. if you had no standards and not a care in the world, (which is not me) you wouldn't smoke because it's not IN anymore. So that means the people smoking right now are smoking because it USED TO BE cool, and now they're just addicted. Does that kinda make sense? Ya i just kinda wanted to point that out lol. dOn'T sMoKe iT's NoT cOoL aNd It'S BAD!!!!!-hails

Anonymous said...

I LOVE DIET COKE AND IM PROUD!!!!!!!!!! [:

-sadie

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmm thanks for da info haylee

Anonymous said...

that was logan

Anonymous said...

ILY LOGAN!!!!!! [:
=sadie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ANNIE said...

Oh wow. I don't drink that much coke though.

I'm Annie. Check out my blog: http://ninthgradenightmare.blogspot.com/

thanks =D

Clair! said...

ti is dumb. i wish it stops. life would be awesome

Ames Family said...

Great post, Haylee. You are so right! I can't go without my Diet Coke with a fresh lime, though. At lease it is Diet and does not leave me with sugar-coated teeth! I love you girl. Thanks for watching Linc and Sal for me.

Anonymous said...

holy crap its not that big of a deal dont criticize other people for smoking... let them do what they want... WOW just leave other people alone and let them choose what they want! i dont smoke but if someone else does and it makes them happy? effin good for them! now just stop thats just ubsurd

New Years Resolutions!!!!

*stop biting my nails
*make new friends
*qualify for state
*date a l o t
*be like buddah and refrain from worldly things... ;)

SAGITTARIUS (The Promiscuous One)

Spontaneous. High appeal. Rare to find. Great when found. Loves being in long relationships. So much love to give. Not one to mess with. Very pretty. Very romantic. Nice to everyone they meet. Their Love is one of a kind. Silly, fun and sweet. Have own unique appeal. Most caring person you will ever meet! Amazing in the you know where..!!! Not the kind of person you wanna mess with, you might end up crying.

Click to Shop Now, Sally's Clippies!


My Faith

My Faith
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints