Monday, June 29, 2009

*oww* I feel good! *na na na na na na na*...

Ok. So this post is going to kinda tie in religion FYI.

The steps to repentence/forgiveness are as follows.
  • recognize that you have done wrong (oops. that didn't go right.)
  • don't repeat the wronging (never again...)
  • recommit yourself to living a better life (yay! party!)
  • make restitution for the wrongs you committed (that means apologize. duh)
  • feel remorse for the wronging (awh. i hate this feeling.)
  • know that repentence requires time and effort (how much longer!?)
  • resolve the feelings of retribution (no hard feelings... right?)
  • receive forgiveness (from everyone)

So we had this lesson in sunday school and the whole time, I just had this nagging feeling that I hadn't fulfilled my repentence. There are a couple of girls that I've had rough friendships with and the second my teacher said "Our lesson is on repentance", I felt the pit in my stomach grow. Throughout the whole lesson, it just kept getting deeper and deeper. I promised myself that I would do what I had to do when I got home to make the whole situation better with those girls. I've been feeling remorse from what I've done for a while now, and since I moved schools, it has gotten worse. I feel terrible for everything that I have done in these fights we've been in and I needed to do my part to make it better.

Today, I sent a long, heartfelt email to the 2 girls apologizing for every thing I'd ever said, thought or done to them that hurt them. I asked their forgiveness and I sincerely apologized. The minute I clicked the "Send" button, I immediately felt better. The pit that had grown on Sunday was gone. I know that I did my part in the apology and I took another step in repentence.

*haybayy*

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What an amazing example you are! You are a good girl and always try to live a righteous life! I hope that I can follow your example better in my life! I love you tons!
Aunt Rachie

Anonymous said...

*haybayy*

thanks rachie! (: and one of the girls i sent the email to replied and forgave me and apologized too. we're friends again and I was happy to catch up with her(:

Clair! said...

um... just a long time fight? i love that feeling once you know all is well! good job!

New Years Resolutions!!!!

*stop biting my nails
*make new friends
*qualify for state
*date a l o t
*be like buddah and refrain from worldly things... ;)

SAGITTARIUS (The Promiscuous One)

Spontaneous. High appeal. Rare to find. Great when found. Loves being in long relationships. So much love to give. Not one to mess with. Very pretty. Very romantic. Nice to everyone they meet. Their Love is one of a kind. Silly, fun and sweet. Have own unique appeal. Most caring person you will ever meet! Amazing in the you know where..!!! Not the kind of person you wanna mess with, you might end up crying.

Click to Shop Now, Sally's Clippies!


My Faith

My Faith
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints